9.05.2013

Jetlag

I have always been reprimanded for my bad (or should I say worst) sleeping habits. I usually sleep at around 4:00 or 5:00 in the morning. It's ironic, because I lie down at 11:00 every night. I don't really consider this insomnia. Ayoko namang maging OA. I guess it's just that, my body clock has changed rhythm since I graduated from college, since I had nothing to do but lay around all day. Yes, I am officially a bum.

So this brings me to my OWN timezone. I call it YTN -8:00, as in Yung Time Nyo minus 8 hours. Why? Because.... I don't know. I just feel like it. Heehee. Kidding. I notice my younger sister being drowsy by 8:00 pm. And then she'll start snoring by 10:00 pm. She's 15. I guess that's the normal body clock of a teenager. But for me, 10:00 pm is where my body feels like it's 2:00 pm. Like meryenda time, or my lakwatsa time with my buddies. I feel so hyped from 10:00 pm onwards. And... I don't know why. :(

Okay, cut the crap. I've been experiencing a lot of headaches and body pains lately, and I tell you, those headaches are massive. You know, when they say "massive headahce", yung parang mina-maso (pinupukpok) yung ulo mo. Charot, comedy ng konti. Heehee. No, seriously. Sobrang sakit, I get teary. So I thought of a few reasons that give me trouble falling asleep, and came up with a few things to remember that might actually help me fall asleep early. Here's some:

  1. Do not watch horror movies! Especially if you're matatakutin. Hello!? Matatakutin ka na nga, tatakutin mo pa sarili mo. This is the main culprit that keeps me up all night.
    I forgot kung anong episode to, but credits to Google for the
    gif they got from nicksan.tumblr.com
    Yes, pretty  much ganyan ang ichura ko gabi-gabi. I know naman na I'm really MATATAKUTIN, pero I love to give myself a good scare. Most of the time pa nga, I would curl up like a fetus, kasi feeling ko may hihila ng paa ko, or iipitin ko yung kumot ko using my thighs, para walang makahila. Paranoid much? I just watched The Conjuring, like, three weeks ago. Nung may Maring pa. And up to now may epekto parin sakin. My friends told me it was more nakakagulat than nakakatakot. HA-HA. EH SA NATATAKOT AKO EH. BAKIT BA. :( Okay this one is too long na. Kasi this is my main problem talaga. I can't sleep because I'm scared. Childish? OO NA. Dahil dyan sa The Conjuring na yan, I wait for 3:07 am to pass, so I'll know it's safe to go to sleep without having my leg be pulled by an unseen element. AWOOO!
  2. Do not use your laptops/gadgets from 10:00 pm onwards. I feel like a parent reprimanding a child. Heehee. One of the main reasons we teens (Yes, nakiki-teens!) stay awake late at night is browsing the web. Yes. Social networking. Chatting on Facebook, Tweeting non-stop, answering nonsense ask.fm questions. Trust me, I've been there, I've done that..... and I think I'm still there. Pero guys, seriously. If you want to sleep early, try not using your laptop, or your phones, or your desktop, or any other gadget when it's past bedtime. Ako, personally, I shoo away my takot from horror movies by web browsing from my phone But I realized, lalo lang akong nahirapan matulog. So no gadgets kapag bedtime na ha. Jusko, matutulog nalang magse-selfie pa? Puuhhhleeeeazzze!
  3. Do not over-think things. Lalo kung pa-tulog ka na. I usually do this when I put away my gadgets. Matutulog ka na nga lang, mag-iisip ka pa ng kung anu-ano. What for? They say it is the best time to think of scenarios you wish to happen. Is that like, daydreaming? Hay nako teh. Clear your mind nalang. Daydreaming pa, eh gabi na. SUS!
  4. Do not go to sleep without having dinner. Diet? Di uso yan. I've experienced this one time. I forgot to eat dinner because I came home late from gimik with my friends. I was so tired and sleepy then, but at the same time I was hungry. My eyes wanted to sleep na, but my brain kept telling me to get up and go find something to eat. It's literally like a war of the heart and mind (which is a good song by Bamboo, by the way). Even if you're on a diet, go grab something to munch on for dinner, para walang battle of the brains and intestines when you go to bed.
  5. Do not take a bath right before going to bed. Pwede naman siguro mga an hour or two before. I used to do this. Taking a bath, drying my hair, then going straight to bed. During college days, I'd just fall asleep right away. Maybe because of the physical and emotional fatigue (I'd fall asleep almost anywhere back then). But ngayon, I just proved na nakakawala ng antok when you take a bath right before bedtime. Yung tipong antok na antok ka na, but you have to take a bath because it is your first shower since you woke up, and poof! Naglakbay na si antok. Payong kaibigan, pag walang pasok, wag kalimutan maligo ng maaga. Para hindi maantala yung antok. :)
Hmmm... That's literally a FEW. Heehee. Well, that's all I could come up for now. If you have anything to add, please fell free to share it on the comments below.

I think I should start doing this list now. It's never too late to fix a messed up body clock, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment