9.09.2013

Stay Healthy. Sleep early.

Kakapuyat mo, hihina resistensya mo. Ikaw rin. Magsa-suffer ka rin pag dumating yung araw na di na kaya ng katawan mo yung sobrang pagpupuyat.

That's what mom and dad always tell me. They be like "You don't listen to us, face the consequence" and I be like, "Gosh I'm not a kid anymore" and yeah. I'm a brat. Thank you for that.

But sometimes, when I have nothing to do but think about stuff, it crosses my mind that my parents are probably right. Since I entered 3rd year college, I haven't been getting the right amount of sleep. I would usually sleep for, like, 3-4 hours a day, or sometimes 16-20 hours a week lang. Imagine that! And lately I've been sleeping at 4 am, and I wake up at 12 noon. I know, 8 hours yun, but still, not healthy. Since my sleeping patterns got messed up, I get serious headaches a lot. At first I thought, hey, that's normal cos I'm always puyat. But no. It's getting worse. Not to mention ang dali kong mahawa sa cough and colds. I get sick easily. You kow the feeling when you have this headache na parang hinihiwa yung ulo mo? The throbbing one, and then the next few days, nilalagnat ka na. That's what happens to me all the time.

Like right now. I am battling a massive headache. Yeah, as massive as having your head be slammed against a wall. OA na kung OA, but it hurts. A lot. It throbs, and I feel like throwing up. It hurts so bad, I wanna cry. I know you're gonna tell me to go to sleep and rest instead of blogging nonsense, but hey, I just want to share what happens to me whenever I get so puyat or walang tulog and all. Especially to the youngsters who have the luxury of time in their hands.

Photo imported from Instagram

I know, nowadays, lacking sleep or being able to stay up until the wee hours of the morning is cool. I remember someone saying "OMG I can't sleep. Umaga na. Help me. Huhuhu", and she posted her status at 12:40 am. Wow. Hardcore. Samantalang I can stay awake til 5 am, or go through 50 hours without sleeping. You find it cool? Trust me, it's not. I get dizzy at times, and I would even throw up because of headache. It also interferes with my vision. It's always blurred na nga, and then I'll make puyat pa. Gosh, I might go blind. And when you're in school, lacking sleep doesn't help. At all. I remember a time when I stayed awake for 3 days. I was like a zombie. My mind was clouded and I talked nonsense. I couldn't even walk straight. Lack of sleep also messed up my endurance, that I get tired easily during training. And I always get sick.

You get the point? Lacking sleep doesn't just interfere with your everyday activities, but also your health. When we sleep, it's when our body recharges everything that needs to be recharged. It's where our body rejuvenates, or whatever it is called. That's why sleep was invented, so if you can't rest during the day, at least let your body rest at night. If you have assignments to do, that is not an excuse. When we were young, we were told that our homework should be done before bedtime. Time management lang yan.

You guys... I mean, WE (Cos I'm still a bum), who still have the luxury of time, let's not waste sleeping time for nonsense like chatting, tweeting, stalking or posting selfies at midnight. Sleeping is one aide to keep our body healthy. If you can't eat right, at least let your body self-repair your body tissues as you sleep. I'm not saying we should sleep at 8:00 pm like kids, but just see to it that you get enough sleep. You'll never know what will happen the next day, so it's better to have your body prepared. Malay mo magkasunog (wag naman sana) sa school/workplace nyo, and everyone is in panic and you don't know what's happening around you, and your body couldn't respond to the mayhem just because you didn't sleep well last night. Edi ikaw pa yung naiwan sa building. Diba. Get some sleep so you won't be zombified the next day.

Well, it's getting late, and my headache just makes me want to scream. It throbs so much that I don't even wanna yawn. I guess I have to give this body of mine a good night sleep. Remember guys. Stay healthy, sleep early. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment