9.07.2013

Last Song Syndrome

To listen to music before going out of the house, and having the last song you hear before leaving stick in your head all through your journey, and beyond. Is usually accompanied by subconscious humming. This syndrome is particularly dangerous when the song happens to be the most pathetic, crappy, albeit catchy song ever.
Source: Urban Dictionary

Mas kilala ng bagets as LSS. We all have these. Antawa ko lang sa last sentence nung definition. Heehee :)

How did I end up with this LSS today?? Well, my little sissy had been into glee clubs and choirs lately. Yes she loves singing, but she didn't know the difference between falsetto, kulot, alon, and nginig. So she asked me if I know. I do know the difference between the four, but I don't know how to explain. I'm a great singer, if you might ask. Our shower head is my biggest fan (Nakanampots!). I tried to demonstrate how different those four are, but I have a bad cough right now, I'm so paos and I can't sing. So I tried to make her understand by saying:

Yung falsetto, parang iniipit. Yung kulot, yung parang nilalaro mo yung prolonged note. Yung alon, one tone lang sya, pero nilalagyan mo ng alon (Ay, napaka-literal). Yung nginig naman, yung nagiging resulta nung prolonged note kapag tama yung breathing mo and hindi mo nilalagyan ng kulot.

Well, I tried my best. Still, when I looked at her, NGANGA. She still didn't get it. So I thought of a song na may falsetto, kulot, alon and nginig. On The Line by Demi Lovato.


Just listen to Demi's voice throughout the song, and you'll hear a falsetto, alon and nginig. Unfortunately, walang kulot dyan. So I gave her another song to listen to para ma-gets nya yung kulot. I remembered Julie Anne San Jose and Elmo Magalona's take on Thinking About You by Frank Ocean.


On the second chorus, you can hear Julie's kulot as she sings "Or do you not think so far ahead? Cos I've been thinking 'bout forever. Heyiyiyieiyeayeahh". Basta ganun. To let her hear a clear version of falsetto (Though meron din dyan sa version na yan, but I just want her to hear it clearer), here's Fly With Me by Jonas Brothers.


Skip to 02:59 to hear the transition of Nick's voice from his normal singing voice to a clear falsetto.

Okay wala lang. Ang dami kong shinare noh, pero LSS lang naman ang usapan. Sorry na talaga, Hihi :)

So after hearing the three songs, may idea na si bunso kung anong difference ng falsetto, kulot, alon and nginig. For our LSS? We ended up singing On The Line since our training ended, up to now that we are about to go to bed. Hay. Sister love. <3

Apologies are often open-ended, but this one's better left unsaid. - On The Line, DLovato 

No comments:

Post a Comment