9.13.2013

Comfort > Style

I believe that the essence of fashion is comfort before style. - Ai ai delas Alas (Sisterakas)
Dear readers, I have a question to ask. What do you usually wear when you go out? Are you into the trendy stuff like Sharpay Evans?

Got a problem?

Do you create your own fashion standards like the "queen bees"?


Are you one of the skater dudes?


Are you a rocker like these girls?


Are you a girly "Girl Next Door" type?


Or do you rep that "Flip Through The Closet and Grab Whatever is Comfortable" kind of style?

Photo imported from Julie Anne's Instagram

Well. I just want to tell you that it doesn't matter what you wear, just as long as you're comfortable. NOT. Hey, sometimes you have to dress appropriately too. Consider where you're going and what you're doing before you plan on what to wear. I remember this one time when we went to an amusement park, and some of my friends were so chiq. Like, "Hey, san tungo?" They wore skirts and dresses, and I was like:

DAFUQ ARE YOU WEARING!?

How can you be comfortable in an amusement park when you're wearing skirts or dresses? We had to ride this huge roller coaster then, and I was seated beside the one wearing a skater skirt. She kept squealing and shouting, "AAAAH! YUNG SKIRT KO NILILIPAD!" Like, duh! Baka hindi liparin eh ang lakas ng hangin while we were on the ride. Badtrip. And oh, I didn't enjoy that ride, FYI. I had to ride it again with a dude beside me so I can experience the thrills. HAHA!

And oh, I remember another time when we went on a mall crawl. I was in my usual get-up. Shirt, jeans, sneaks, and a jacket, just in case I get cold. And some of our friends wore 3 or maybe 4-inched heels! In the middle of our mall crawl, they kept whining, and telling us that we need to rest for a while cos their feet were hurting. I swear I almost made them crawl. Literally. Same thing happens in school. I rep that "Flip Through The Closet and Grab Whatever is Comfortable" look during normal days. And I hate seeing people overdress in school. Like, anong kala nila sa school? Runway? Wth.

It's not that I hate people who overdress, or dress up. I dress up too, you know. Occasionally. But not too much to be the center of attraction. Just enough to not be the wall flower.


Are you getting me, here? Whatever you wear doesn't matter as long as you're comfortable. But please. Pretty please. Wear them appropriately. And appropriate doesn't mean wearing tight-fitting pants and three-inched heels on a community service. Appropriate means wearing a nurse's uniform because you're a nurse. Charot lang. Aprropriate means wearing a cocktail dress in a formal party, or wearing a rugged pair of sneakers on a gig. Oh, and guys, don't forget. Wearing a jacket in a tropical country isn't as appropriate as wearing summer outfit on summer. I guess, during "taglamig" would be an exception. But those who wear varsity jackets or hip coats just to brag kahit mainit naman, please. If we know... Basa na mga kili kili nyo.

Peace yo! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment